Friday, August 28, 2009

Sure as shootin'

Last Sunday we went to my dad's for a little shooting and to let the dogs play together. My dad's dog, Snickers, and our dog, Weezer, just love playing together.Weezer thinks he is a lake dog. He absolutely loves to swim and dig at rocks. He is very good at fetching sticks that we throw out into the water and bringing them back. Who would have thought that a half-pug, half-eskimo would be such a great swimmer?

We shot my husband's new 9mm as well as a couple of .22 pistols. We shot at this target, which my husband uses when he competition shoots, and also just at some aluminum cans. Here is me posing with the 9mm. (Those shots were from my dad, though, not me. I was a MUCH better shot ... ha, ha.)

My dad takes aim.


My husband, Tim.


And last, but not least, me. I did pretty well considering that I had never shot a handgun before. I have shot shotguns and rifles, but not for a long time. It was really fun and I look forward to doing it again sometime soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment