Monday, March 21, 2011

Moody March






I haven't been in much of a mood to write here lately. It hasn't been the best couple of weeks and I've been crabby and annoyed for most of it. I still am, but didn't want to get too much out of the habit of writing. I don't want to go into what is bothering me, just suffice it to say that I'm not the happiest person on the planet right now. Add to it that it's March and it makes matters even worse. I hate March. With a passion. It's gray. It's still cold. It's muddy. It's just all around gross and I can't wait for it to be over. I'm hoping for happier times in April.
Jane is doing well. She still hasn't rolled over from tummy to back - at least not that anyone has seen. I know she can do it, though. The past week was interesting because we transitioned her back into her crib. Ever since she developed a cold around Christmas time, we'd been letting her sleep in her bouncy seat. Every time we planned to put her back in her crib she'd get sick again. Then it came to a point that we knew it would be a struggle to get her to sleep in her crib again, plus she started rolling over and we didn't want her sleeping on her tummy. Last weekend, though, it became obvious that it was dangerous for her to keep sleeping in her bouncy seat. Early one morning I went into her room to find her doubled over, head hanging way down. She hadn't been that way long, because I had just put her back down a few minutes earlier, but it still scared me. She's too strong and can pull herself into a sitting position. So began the transition that we had needed to make for quite some time. The first night went remarkably well. Tim was out of town that night, so I put her down at about 8:45 p.m. She slept until 4 a.m. and then I brought her in to snuggle with me until morning. The nights that followed were not so great. Most nights, she woke up several times. But we stuck with it and for the past two nights she has slept through. She has also done so while sleeping on her tummy. As nervous as that makes me, I realize that I cannot stop her from rolling over and at this point she can choose how she wants to sleep. As long as she is sleeping well, I'm going to have to get over my fears a little bit and let her sleep. Last night she slept from 10:30 until 6, and the night before she slept from 10 until almost 7:30. That's great and I hope it continues.
Jane is also learning to babble. Before she mostly just cooed, but now she is exploring more sounds. It is very funny because she makes the strangest shapes with her mouth, like she is trying to mimic us. I suppose that she is. She has made both "ma ma" and "da da" sounds. She is quite the talker and also has quite the laugh. A good game of peekaboo or airplane gets her giggling really well. It is so much fun to watch her personality develop.

No comments:

Post a Comment