Monday, February 17, 2014

Bossypants

I generally tend to stay away from books written by comedians. The few times when I have picked one up, I've come away feeling disappointed and like I'd wasted my time. I'd heard a lot of good things about Tina Fey's "Bossypants," however, so I decided to give it a shot.
"Bossypants" is definitely the best comedy book I've ever read. I felt like I could really relate to Tina Fey. Her experiences with breastfeeding were especially hilarious and so, so true. I loved reading about how she came to play Sarah Palin on "Saturday Night Live." I loved, LOVED the chapter about her father. Really, about the only thing I didn't enjoy was the stuff about "30 Rock." I watched the show on and off, but didn't really love it, so it was a little dull reading about it.
Maybe the most important thing I took away from this book is that Amy Poehler does not give a f**k that I don't like her. That's good to know....

No comments:

Post a Comment