Friday, August 27, 2010

Six weeks to go!

I hit the 34-week mark today. Unbelievable! That means I only have six weeks left to go, give or take. In two weeks I'll be enjoying my baby shower.
It might sounds strange to some, but I'm honestly not ready for this to be over.
Maybe I'll feel differently in a month, but I do not have the urge to evict her that many women seem to get at about this time. I'll readily admit that I'm a selfish person by nature, and I'm not ready to share this baby with the world yet. I like her how she is now: all mine. While I'm extremely excited for her to be here, to be able to feed her, play with her, dress her, and cuddle with her, I'm fully aware that from the moment she leaves me, she'll be growing away from me. That's tough to think about. I'm also pretty sure this will be my only child, so it's kind of sad to think that I'll never have this experience again. I'm sure all of these thoughts will be secondary once she's here.
I'm excited to do more baby projects this weekend. I wouldn't say I'm nesting (I still have absolutely no desire to clean—will that ever change?), but I do have a few things I want to tackle. We bought some plastic drawers for the baby's closet, so I can wash a few more of her clothes and put them away. I've washed the newborn and 0-3 month sizes and put them away already. Thanks to a friend, we've got enough clothes to keep this baby well dressed for at least the first few months of her life. Hand-me-downs are awesome!
Speaking of hand-me-downs, my husband went to pick up a stroller, car seat, and pack 'n' play from another friend last weekend. All of these are in great shape and we are so lucky to have them. It also means that we have absolutely all of the BIG stuff ready to go for baby's arrival. That's a great feeling. It also proves that you don't have to spend thousands of dollars on baby stuff. We've gotten so many nice items, either at garage sales or loaned from friends and family.
I think it's also time to start doing some decorating in the nursery. I have some pictures, wall hangings, and a shelf I'd like to hang. Not a big project, but it will be fun.
The last project I want to start is packing my hospital bag. It's early yet, but it doesn't hurt to be prepared. I've already got several things to put in it. I'm not 100 percent positive what I'll put on the baby to bring her home yet, but I have a few ideas. I will probably wait until after the shower to decide for sure. I do have my going-home outfit bought. I bought a pair of yoga pants, nursing tank, nursing bra, and a sweatshirt. I felt a little guilty about buying new clothes for myself, but I figure I'll be practically living in those clothes in the first few weeks after the baby arrives. I also bought matching pjs for us. Mine are nursing pjs and there is a matching gown and cap for the baby. So cute! I can't wait to use them.

No comments:

Post a Comment