Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Baby shower





I had my baby shower on Sunday afternoon. There was a great turnout and we received many wonderful gifts. As I expected, since we're having a girl, we got lots of clothes! That's okay ... she'll just be a very well-dressed little girl. We also got a lot of necessities, such as a bath tub, bouncy seat, crib pad, baby monitor, bottles, and other items that we needed. One thing that surprised me was that we did not get was toiletry items—baby wash, lotion, and such. I thought those were pretty standard shower gifts so had not bought any yet. I guess I will have to or live with a dirty baby!
We got some very special gifts. Highlights include a handmade quilt and wall hanging from my grandmother, a handmade quilt from my best friend and her mom, a sweater made by my husband's grandmother, and an afghan crocheted by my aunt. All of the gifts were special, really, and I am touched at the generosity of so many family members and friends. We are so lucky to have these people in our lives and our daughter will be lucky to have them in her life as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment