Thursday, September 23, 2010

Birthday

So, today is my birthday. I have to say, I hate birthdays. Well, I hate my birthday. I like other people's birthdays just fine. I just never seem to really enjoy my own. I am most comfortable when I can celebrate my birthday with someone else, a birthday buddy if you will. Fortunately, for most of my life I've been able to do that. My friend Laura was born on the same day as me (in the same hospital, even), and we grew up sharing our birthdays at school. Then I married someone whose birthday is 10 days before mine. Now I even have a co-worker whose birthday is two days after mine, so I am very content. It helps keep the attention away from me!
Of course, there was some speculation about whether I would have a new birthday buddy, namely my daughter. It appears that this will not be the case. Jane seems content to stay where she is for at least another week or two. That's fine by me. While it would have been fun to share a birthday with her, I really want my October baby.
I had a doctor's appointment yesterday. There hasn't been much change since a week ago. I'm still 1-2 cm dilated, but the baby has dropped considerably and her head is down nice and low. Everything else looks great! Hard to believe we only have a couple of weeks left until she will finally be here!

No comments:

Post a Comment