Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Productive weekend

We got some major nesting accomplished this weekend. Several projects were completed that needed to be done before the baby arrives.
We did get some relaxation in as well. I didn't go back to work after my appointment on Friday, since I had plenty of hours in already and had to work for a couple of hours on Saturday. Instead I shopped for my sister's birthday gift and then my husband and I went to a few garage sales. I picked up a cute outfit for the baby and a sleep sack set.
We went for a walk later that evening. The next morning we hit more garage sales, then headed home for lunch before I had to work. I spent the afternoon taking pictures while my husband installed the new programmable thermostat we'd bought at a garage sale. That night we enjoyed a movie and relaxed.
Sunday was when we really got down to business. My husband went to work in our bedroom closet. The ceiling had begun to fall down in there, so he fixed that and sorted through clothes. Afterward he rearranged our bedroom to make room for the baby's cradle. We are both absolutely thrilled with how it all turned out. In the meantime, I spent the day taking down all of the knick-knacks downstairs, dusting, and putting up fall decorations. I contemplated not doing it this year, but figured everything needed a really good dusting anyway, and I will be taking everything down at Christmas time anyway, so why not? Besides, I just love my fall decorations, and fall in general. That's why I'm so excited to have a fall baby. By the end of the day the house looked great.
On Monday we just had a few minor things to finish. I'll admit that my husband did most of it - vacuuming and cleaning the bathroom. I'm so blessed to have so much help from him. I'd never be able to do it all by myself, especially now! Pooh on lazy husbands! I'm glad I don't have one.
After everything was done, I think we both had a feeling of accomplishment and a sense that we are pretty much ready for this baby. Well, at least the house is ready. Now the panic is starting to set in. What on Earth are we going to do with a baby? I'm sure we'll figure it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment