Friday, January 28, 2011

Challenger - 25 years later

I heard on the news this morning that it has been 25 years since the Challenger shuttle disaster. I think it is one of those events that, if you were alive at the time, you remember exactly where you were when you heard the news. I was quite young at the time but I remember it distinctly. Challenger was something that many students heard about in their classrooms, because one of the astronauts, Christa McAuliffe, was a teacher. Many children were watching the shuttle launch in their classrooms that morning. I can only imagine how difficult it was for those teachers to explain to their students what had happened. I remember getting on the bus and that was all anyone was talking about. I remember hearing some crude jokes from the other kids. I remember looking up into the sky and thinking about the seven people who had gone up there and never came back.

No comments:

Post a Comment