Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Boooo-ring!

I've been meaning to write for the past week, but honestly I didn't have that much to say. Some people call the second trimester the "honeymoon phase" of pregnancy. Actually, it's downright boring. At least the early part has been. I think "Eat. Sleep. Pee." would be an accurate description. I'd love to say there are lots of exciting new developments every day, but there aren't. I'd love to be working on the baby's room and buying stuff for the baby, but we don't know what we're having yet, and garage sale season has yet to begin. I'd love to say I can feel the baby kicking up a storm in there, but all I feel are some occasional flutters that kind of feel like popcorn popping. Or maybe it's just gas. It's hard to tell.
The only other thing going on is that I feel (and look) fat. Most of the time I'm also starving. Much of my day is dedicated to eating or thinking about what I'm going to eat next. I try to eat healthy food for the most part, but can't deny that my pizza cravings (which have been going on since long before pregnancy) have gotten stronger, as has my desire to eat potato chips. I'm at that lovely stage where my clothes are pretty tight, so I'm wearing some maternity clothes, which are too big. I feel like the people at the gym are watching me and thinking, "I see her here working out all the time, but she just keeps getting fatter. What is she EATING?" I'm totally ready to just look pregnant already, and not just pudgy. Although when that happens, the belly rubs are probably going to start. I'm ready to implement my, "You rub mine, I rub yours" policy when that happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment