Tuesday, April 13, 2010

"We're hoping it's a pony"

One funny part of pregnancy is that you get a lot of really silly questions. I don't mind, honestly, they just make me chuckle.
One of the most common questions I've gotten so far is, "Do you know what you're having?" Now, I'm only going to be 15 weeks this Friday, and the ultrasound when we'll get to find out the sex won't be until 20 weeks. So I have no idea if we're having a boy or a girl yet. After several polite responses of "We haven't found out yet, but we plan to," I've come up with a new one: "We're hoping for a human." That reminds me of a funny maternity T-shirt I saw. It says, "We're hoping it's a pony." I want one. I also want one that says "Beer Belly."
People also ask how I've been feeling. As if they really want to hear that I've been throwing up for three months straight or that I can no longer seem to poop. Fortunately for me, I've felt pretty good (with the exception of these damn headaches) so I can give people the truth: no morning sickness, the fatigue isn't so bad ... overall I feel pretty normal. I like to throw in, "If I would have known it was going to be this easy, I might have gotten pregnant a long time ago!"
If I think these questions are kind of silly, I can't wait until later in the pregnancy when I start to show and people really start asking some doozies. I'm so excited to tell the first person who asks if I'm pregnant that no, I just like beer. I also can't wait to tell the first person who comments on the fact that I'm drinking caffeine that it's the only way I can deal with this darn hangover. Now if I can just find something clever to say at the end of the pregnancy when people start in with, "Are you still pregnant?" I have a few months to figure something out.

No comments:

Post a Comment