Monday, April 26, 2010

I dream of baby

Pregnancy is known as a time for strange dreams. I've always been a vivid dreamer (zombies, anyone?) and this has only been intensified by being pregnant. I've been known to have lucid dreams when I think people are in the room with me, but really ... hiding under my pillow from Miley Cyrus? Often I wake up thinking, "What in the hell was that?"
I have had a few baby-related dreams. In these dreams, the baby has always arrived already. A pattern I'm beginning to notice here is that the baby is always a girl. It will be interested when I go in for my ultrasound in a few weeks to see if my subconscious was right. Last night I had a great baby dream. As usual, I was surprised that the baby had already arrived. I was a bit disappointed that I hadn't gotten to wear any of the cute maternity clothes I'd bought, but didn't seem to show any regret about not remembering the actual birth (if only!). The baby was beautiful and so real. I've had dreams about having a baby before, but never one like this. This one had a perfect, sweet little face and a head full of dark hair. I could almost feel and smell her! Needless to say, I woke up with a smile on my face and the thought of that beautiful baby girl has stuck with me all day. Could that be my baby? Only a few short months before I will meet her (or him) in person.

No comments:

Post a Comment