Thursday, July 29, 2010

This 'n' that

I had a doctor's appointment yesterday. It's amazing how quickly the time flies between those! Plus now I have to start going every two weeks.
I took my gestational diabetes test. It definitely was not as bad as I thought it would be. Basically the drink tasted like an orange freeze pop. I also had my thyroid and hemoglobin tested.
I got the results today and in this case I'd say one out of three isn't too bad. I passed the most important one, the gestational diabetes test. They did find that my hemoglobin was a tad low, making me mildly anemic. I'm guessing that my iron is low because I don't eat that much meat. I never have. I'm just not crazy about the stuff. So I need to start taking some extra iron in addition to my prenatal vitamin. I have to be careful with iron supplements, though, because iron can affect the absorption of my thyroid meds. As long as I space them out, I should be fine. Speaking of which, my thyroid was also a bit low so I need to up my dosage there. The good news is that the two things I didn't test so well on are the two things that are easy to fix. It also explains why I've been a bit more tired recently. I had just been blaming it on the third trimester, but I guess there's more to it than that!
This weekend my husband and I are going to my family's cabin. We're taking a long weekend, going up after work tomorrow and coming back on Monday. I'm excited and hoping to feel nice and refreshed when we come home.

No comments:

Post a Comment